16 WEEK TOTAL BODY
SPONSORED BY J&H PROMOTIONS
This year at the Newfoundland & Labrador (Open & Natural) Championship events we will be having a body transformation award division on April 4th, 2020. Anyone can register, including non-competitors, lifestyle clients of any coach or even competitors competing that will need to lose a significant amount of body fat to compete at the upcoming show. Again, this is also more for random “off the street” individuals who want to embark on an incredible journey to weight loss and transforming their bodies. Everyone are eligible to register. There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd placings awarded with Cash Bursaries (amount TBD depending on participation).
- Registration opens up November 30th, 2019.
- The cost is $100 per entry.
- You must submit your “before” photos on November 30th or as soon or as close as you can to this date. The earlier you get the photos in, the more dramatic the transformation will be.
- You have 16 weeks to prepare for the “after” photos to be taken on March 21st, 2020.
- This is open to both men and women.
- The successful winner must make the biggest transformation, build the most proportioned physique and have the best shape of all the contestants regardless of your weight or height.
Why participate in the contest?
Not only will you get in amazing shape, but you will also have pictures of yourself forever that show your hard work. As well, the promoters of this event will be presenting trophies, as well as bursaries to the Top 3. The winners will have Social Media exposure on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter of your accomplishment (s). As well, a huge montage with photos/video being played at the beginning of the presentation showcasing your hard work to the audience.
Award Submission – Rules & Regulations
The judges will be chosen by the promoters from various Provinces and judged 2 weeks in advance prior to the event on April 4th. They will evaluate final entries based on the following factors; weight loss, muscle gain, shape & symmetry and presentation. The judges will need to see these changes in the pictures so it’s important that both before and after pictures are in focus and taken at appropriate angles and with good lighting. Take the time to use a camera with a timer or have someone with a steady hand take the pictures. No selfies please!
Clothing for contest pictures: a two piece bikini for the ladies or tanktini crop top and tight fitting shorts or posing trunks/board shorts for the men. Just remember we’re trying to judge overall change, if you hide your body in these pictures it might work against you and make it difficult for the judges to see how you’re your body has changed.
PHOTO REQUIREMENTS (HIGH RESOLUTION – HIGH QUALITY):
There are 4 required pictures required after the registration open date (November 30, 2020). We highly recommend that you get your photos submitted as soon as possible – the earlier you send the photos, the better the chances of the best body weight loss transformation.
After your 16 week journey to a new you, a second set of 4 required pictures must be submitted no later than March 21, 2020.
1) Front – Facing camera with arms at your side
2) Back – Facing away from the camera, with your arms at your side
3) Side – 90 degrees to the camera with your arms at your side
4) Front (Newspaper) shot – Facing camera with one arm at your side and other arm holding a current newspaper visibly showing the date. This should be a current issue of the national or local newspaper in order to validate the day you took the picture. You need to take a picture in this same group of pictures with the current day’s newspaper in your hand and the front page visible
The pictures need to be full body head to toe. It is very important that for your front, side, and back poses your arms are down at your sides but not covering your waist and that they are full body head to toe pictures. Do not crop out your face or your feet.
Here is a perfect example of a contest entry.
how to register
On November 30th, 2019 the information will be located on the website (www.newfoundlandcpa.com ). A direct link to register online will be available where you can enter personal information, measurements, weight and “Before Photos”. This is an online submission form and will be available on the site or simply click here: https://fs22.formsite.com/LEBLANH/form13/index.html .
On March 21st, 2020, the promoter will send you a link to re-submit your after photos, cover photos, videos and essay. For more information in the meantime, contact email@example.com.
1-End of contest Essay – 500 (max) Word Essay on “My Success Story” must be submitted via the link. The same link also requires that you upload your after photos, your cover photos, your 10-30 sec videos and enter your final measurements/weight.
2-Cover Model Photos/Random Photos/iPhone Videos: When you send in your final results – as stated above you must submit (4) cover pictures (photo shoot preferred), (2-4) random photos and (1-2) videos. These will be used for our video montage presented on stage to our audience at the Evening Finals at the Newfoundland event.
If you have trouble uploading your videos, cover photos, essay, etc. you may send them to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 21st, 2020.
- Winner: Bursary award with Trophy
- 2nd Place Winner: Bursary award with Trophy
- 3rd Place Winner: Bursary award with Trophy
Photo Eligibility Requirements and Information
- The photos must be authentic, not altered, filtered or modified. If any photo tampering is evident Participant will be immediately disqualified.
- The date on the paper must match the day the contestant begins their Challenge.
- The same type of clothing is recommended to be worn in all photos.
- High-quality photos (300 dpi) are recommended to show the best detailed results.
- Unusually revealing or provocative photos will be deemed invalid.
- The purpose of the photos is to demonstrate a clear body transformation that has been achieved through hard work, effort and determination in completing a comprehensive nutrition and exercise regimen.
- The file format for uploaded photos is JPG or PNG.
- Participants should take the photos using a white or light-colored solid backdrop for optimal visibility. Since the photo with the newspaper is for verification of the date of the photo, the date or headline must be visible in the photo must be used.
Learn how to prepare for the best photo’s ever:
Be proud and make your best presentation ever! Professional photographers do an amazing job in capturing your hard work and success. Give it your best effort and have pictures that you will cherish for the rest of your life. It’s a record and a reminder for you on what you have accomplished.
Additional rules and regulations
All entries become the property of the Promoter and will not be returned.
Promoters and its advertising and promotion agencies assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, illegible, incomplete, postage-due, garbled or misdirected entries or entries that have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy the Contest Rules or for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the contest.
Promoters reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this Contest should external circumstances arise which are beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters. The Promoters are not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest.
Promoters will collect your personal information for the purposes of registration, program evaluation and to keep you informed about contest. Promoters will only share personal data about entrants with the judges of the contest.
By entering this Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Promoters and Judges, as well as, their respective employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors, assigns, advertising and promotional agencies from any liability for any loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person in connection with this Contest or participation in any Contest related activities i.e. the use or misuse of a prize or any portion of a prize including personal injury, death or property damage.
This Contest will run in accordance with these Contest Rules, subject to amendment by the Promoters. The Promoters reserve the right to cancel, amend, modify or terminate this Contest or the Rules at any time in its sole discretion and without notice.
Entrants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules if they participate in the Contest.
- The promoters have chosen 8-10 judges from all over Canada and they will be sent the complete judging package on Sunday, March 22nd, 2020. After preparing the submission to our judges, it will consist of; the Name of the Contestant, their stats, their essay and their before and after photos. They will also receive a judging sheet and they will place you in whatever order they choose. Each judge is unique and has their own opinion / preference on who will become the winner of the Transformation Challenge. A final roll-up of judges scores will be calculated by the promoters and placings will be determined.
STAGE PROCEDURE FOR TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS
- The results will be announced at the show before intermission at the Evening Show Only.
- Before the awards are given out, a process will be followed by all contestants;
- All contestants will be called out on stage and introduced individually by Video Montage and will be lined up on either side – evenly numbered on each side of the two slanted lines on stage. Stage Marshalls will place you where you need to stand.
- All contestants are encouraged to wear on stage in the introduction of the class; a competition two piece suit or a two piece regular swim suit (for the ladies) and competition board shorts or regular board shorts (for the men). If you do not feel comfortable in a swimsuit, a tank-tini and shorts are fine but two piece swimsuit is highly recommended.
- Awards will be presented Trophies, Medals and Bursary Awards.
- Top 3 will be called out and will proceed to Front Center Stage. Placings will then be announced – 3rd, 2nd and then the TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE Winner. Photos of Top 3, Photos of Winner, then Photos of the entire class.